Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 2, 2015

New Area = New Computers = No Pictures:(
Zach moved to a new area this week and he didn't figure out how to send pictures, even though he says he's going to. And I shared with him the testimony I bore in church on Sunday, so that is what he's talking about at the beginning of the letter.

Hey Momma!!
 
well jeez, you done made me cry a little bit right here at the computer! haha, have you ever realized how strong your testimony is?? i think you and dad must have passed it down to me in my genes or something haha(:
 
and yes i am in a new area with a new comp! My new comps name is Elder André from Angola, me and him lived in the same house while i was in Montijo, he's the one who cut my hair and did a terrible job!! haha, but him and I are pretty good friends, so this transfer i feel will be a really good one! my new area is called Amadora, and its like the ghetto gangster town of portugal haha, its like the Bronx or Compton here haha, but its pretty sweet and i hear that it is an awesome area for getting down to work! and yes Elder André and I are zone leaders, now i am the ZL of a zone called the Oeiras, im only about 30min from my last area, its just a little bit northern than where i was, but it's still right in the heart of Lisbon, i guess the Lord wants me to learn how to work in they city haha.
 
I only have 20 minutes left on the computer, so i'm gonna have to give kind of short responses so that i can still have time to send pictures, because i have a lot this week! but Hélio is 22 from Angola, he's studying to a some kind of tech-mechanic, and we get to pass by and teach him about 2 times a week, and no i didnt hack his phone but i did ask him if i could do it! haha
 
and yes, Gonçalo was baptised on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! and it was awesome!! teaching him was a little tricky because he is soooooooooo hyper all the time, but he really has such a pure little heart, and he knows that these things are true, and he's really good at reminding his mom to say prayers haha. and church on Sunday's are good, we have sacrament meeting last, but at least in the last ward i never talked. here in Amadora this coming Sunday i'm posotive that i will bare my testimony cuz they always ask the new elders to do that when they show up haha. and hey! i lost my voice like 3 days ago and i still can barely talk haha, its really funny, but kind of frustrating at the same time, because i cant get louder than like a decent whisper, so i would appreciate some prayers in that area haha(;
 
i love you so much, but im gonna get on sending some pictures!! have an awesome week, and i'll talk to you guys again next monday!(: i love you momma(: thank you for all that you have taught me(: just really quick, today we were leaving a big shopping center where we had lunch, and i was really really hungry so i bought two burritos, well for whatever reason just one filled me up so i put the other in a bag and was gonna take it home. well on the way home on the side of the road was a homeless man with i sign that said nothing more than "i am hungry", and i just got this overwhelming feeling that Heavenly Father had used me to take care of one of His children who was in need. so i walked over and pulled it out of the bag and asked him if he would like it, and he just put his two hands out, palm-up like a little child asking for help. and i just about broke down crying because it just broke my heart and i just wanted to give him everything that i had, but then i felt that Heavenly Father was happy with just the food, and that He would take care of the man. Heavenly Father seriously loves each and every one of us so much we cant even understand, and i had the opportunity today to witness of that love the He has for us. There is so much service for us to do and so many that are needing of us, and we've got to get out there and do it(: I'm so grateful for the family and country and situation that i was born into and raised. i love you so much(:

Zachary is a ROCK STAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment