Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 2 in Portugal!!

Zachary AMAZES me with his Testimony!!

Hi Momma!!(:
my week has been flippin killer!(: yesterday i got to baptized a guy named Ivo! like im actually the one who dunked him!(; haha. i dont know what my address is right now, but in a little bit we're gonna run back up to the house to get it, and then ill send it to you! and freakin sweet!! go briggy!! pretty pretty please give him a high five and call him boogs for me!(; haha,  and let ammon know that i think he's a stud for going up! that takes freakin guts kid! And the night before we all left the MTC one of our really cool teachers instead of a normal lesson had us have a testimony meeting together as a district, and i bore my testimony about that exact same thing! how i know that God knows each one of us individually and perfectly, and that he cares about every single little thing we care about too because he loves us(:
The portuguese is coming incredibly fast, but thats all thanks to the Lord haha! As of right now i dont need contacts, but i'll let you know when im getting close! Yes im playing piano, and i wish i was as good as i used to be! please make sure that the boys stay in piano, but more importantly make sure they want to, and make sure it's their choice!(: and also, make sure that the boys know how to cook food! haha, and i mean cook from scratch! cuz im lacking in that category of skills right now haha!(:
and speaking of doing you in with homework... i have a little challenge for you all(:
-- i dont know who the talk is by, but one of the guest speakers at the MTC made reference to it. An apostle walked in to Pres. Hinckley's office when he was still the Prophet one day to find him kneeling down in prayer. when he looked closer he realized he was shaking. Thinking that he was crying, he went over to attempt to comfort the prophet. When he put his hand on his shoulder and turned him around, he realized he was laughing! Pres. Hinckley was literally having a conversation with God, and it must've been pretty funny, cuz he was shaking he was laughing so hard! 
Sometimes we think of God as this big, all-powerful yet un-emotional being millions of lightyears away... when in reality, he is just like all of us. He has a body, just like ours, and one of the most amazing things to me, is the realization that He has a personality. He is our literal FATHER, and he truly loves us. things like prayers are meant to be a two-way communication with Him, because He really wants to hear from us! When we think of God not as an immense, distant being, but as our father, as someone who, when we let Him, can be right next to us. there have been times where i swear, i could almost see through the veil. not because i could see anything, but because i could feel His presence so strong, i knew in my heart He was standing right there next to me. and so my challenge is to try to get to know our Heavenly Father... to really get to know him. its pretty amazing the things you'll find(: I know He loves me, and that He wants the best for me. When i mess up, He's not angry; He is tender and loving and puts His arm around me, and helps me to get back up. All He wants is for me to be happy, and thankfully He shows us the way(:
 
i love you guys so stinkin much! I miss you all, but i am happy(: hope you guys are happy too(:
 
Elder Dayton(:

No pictures this week :(
I'm going to ask him to take a picture with the two people he has helped baptized, I'm dying to see them and meet them!
I think he was super rushed at the Library and didn't have time to upload them.
But, BOY!! He is doing AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment